If you would like to learn more about Stephen Ministry for yourself, a family member, friend, neighbor, co-worker, or someone else you know – inside or outside our congregation – please email email@example.com.
GOD’s Love in Action
There are times in life when you face or experience difficulties. In these times, you could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care needed when faced with a crisis or difficulty.
These needs include but are not limited to…
- Those grieving a death or serious loss.
- Those who are hospitalized.
- The separated or divorced.
- Those facing loneliness or discouragement.
- Those in a spiritual crisis.
- Those with a job crisis.
- The terminally ill and their families.
- Those with a chronic illness.
- The aging and elderly.
- Households experiencing birth or adoption.
- People who move into or out of our community.
- Those facing life transitions.
- Those needing the support of a Christian friend.
- Those with disabilities and their families.
- Prisoners, ex-offenders, and their families.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry and the identity of those receiving care and what takes place in each caring relationship remain private. Friends Church’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who…
- Express God’s care through their lives to others.
- Are a congregation member with gifts for caregiving who are carefully selected to serve in this role and commissioned by the Elders of the Church.
- Receive extensive care training in caring ministry skills and concepts.
- Visit their care receiver regularly and dependably, offering Christian support and care.
- Participate in monthly personal support, supervision, and continuing education for skill building under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders.
- Are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship.
- Serve for at least two years in this ministry.
Stephen Ministry Winter Training 2016
Wed nights, Jan 25, 6:30-9pm